Monday, July 4, 2011

Baby Shower Weekend

The What Will It Bee shower went off without a hitch.  Friday night, my boyfriend helped me unload the truck and dropped me off at the church around 8:30pm.  My aunt and cousin were already there getting things ready for the shower.  My mom called and said she'd help if needed.  We worked until 10:30pm.  At that time, I still had to finish the cake (it was a four layer cake) that my co-worker Amelia made for the shower.  Since we had to travel 2 hours with it from Austin to Weimar, I just told her I'd put the tiers together once at the church and I'd decorate it there.  Mom volunteered to stay with me while I put it together.  It didnt turn out exactly like I wanted, but it was cute nonetheless.

My sister seemed to really be happy with everything (whew...thank God...as I've been so worried about that for the past 2-3 months).  Out of the 130 guests invited, only 32 people were there, but most of the food we had out on the table was eaten.  We did however, have lots of cake and cake balls left over.

I made pink and blue cake balls, covered in yellow candy mold chocolate with chocolate drizzles.  Everything turned out so well and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.  Angela got all sorts of neat things for the baby.

It couldnt have been better!  We played "What's in the dirty diaper", "What's in the baby food", Baby Jingles, Mommy To Bee Memory and "How many kisses come with the baby bottle".

























The next day (Sunday) the ladies of the church threw Angela a shower.  Some pictures of that one are above (10 pictures).  She's received so many cute things already.  We're ready to find out What It Will Bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment